Saturday, November 7, 2009

This does not happen often!

I was looking through Pinkbike.com photos today. I came across this masterpiece below.
Yes, I know that right about now your thinking "this is hardly epic or worth making a post about".

On the contrary, take a better look at this photo. Look at the color, the angle, the light etc. To me, this looks like a reminder of where we (as bike riders) came from. It's gritty and harsh, and colorful. Just like it was back in the day. It looks more to me like an 80's punk rock photo, just on a bike. To me, it's just that damn good!
And since it's a basic wallride, it's a reminder that all of todays insanity spawned from tricks like this, and no matter what, the wallride will never die, and will always be fun!

You can tell by the look on his face, that he's having the time of his life!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I'm the guy who made this photo. Rider is Martin Knor. Check out more of my work at http://iljavanbommel.webs.com

    Canon 40D at 1/1600 and 1600 ISO using a Canon Speedlite 420EX. Then Lightroom to adjust the lighting (the skatepark is a bit to dark). Contrast adjusted in Photoshop CS3 (2 times linear contrast) and then Bleach Bypass in the Tiffen Dfx V2 plugin.

    ReplyDelete